We obtained successfully the prestigious HR Award, which is awarded by the European Commission to research institutions that implement HRS4R (The Human Resource Strategy for Researchers) personnel strategy. This strategy is based on the principles set out in the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. Any research institution that decides to adopt recommendation of the European Commission no. 2005/251/EC commits itself to creating quality working conditions for researchers, promoting career development and implementing transparent recruitment procedures.
The HR Award primary goal is to improve the environment for researchers and academics. At the Institute, however, we want to consolidate the principles of equal treatment and improve the working environment so that it is attractive, pleasant and motivating for all employees (including those working part-time).
To support this idea, we also organized meeting where we discussed the topic of the HR Award (Czech only presentation available here) with discussion. Along with that, we also presented a questionnaire survey and also took other activities, which you can find here.
Not only thanks to these steps and activities, we received the HR Aaward award at the beginning of July 2021!
Benefits of Implementing the HRS4R Personnel Strategy
- increases the prestige and attractiveness of the institute for research and non-research employees
- improves the quality of human resources
- creates more attractive conditions for career
- guarantees a transparent selection and recruitment process for new employees
- values experience gained through mobility within the public and private sectors
- supports the development of the careers of all employees
- connects to a European network of research organizations
- enables funding for research projects from European and national research support programmes
|Sending Endorsement Letter
|Carry out Internal Process Analysis (GAP Analysis) and Action Plan preparation
|Send GAP Analysis and Action Plan to the European Commission
|Expected receipt of the HR Award
IMPLEMENTAtion phase 2021–2026
|Implementation of the Action Plan
||after obtaining the HR Award
|Internal evaluation of the original GAP analysis and Action Plan
||2 years after obtaining the HR Award
|External evaluation by the European Commission
||3 years after internal evaluation