We Analyse, Calculate, Protect,
and much more
There are two main scientific research workstations here, the CERIT-SC centre and a centre of excellence for cybernetic criminality C4e.
We’re also successfully researching in the field of cybersecurity, healthware, or authentication and identities.
Centre CERIT-SC (CERIT Scientific Cloud) is a national centre operating computing and data storage infrastructure for executing large-scale experiments “in-silico”, often in collaboration with other scientific disciplines. It builds on excellent research in selected areas:
- Big data analysis – processing large volumes of normally unstructured data, searching for unknown patterns..
- High performance computing – developing and optimizing algorithms, in particular those aimed at parallel and distributed computing and at accelerators.
- Custom configuration and optimization of e-infrastructure for concrete uses such as the simulation of large-scale energy systems, cybersecurity training, and others.
The Czech CyberCrime Centre of Excellence C4e
Centrum C4e se zaměřuje se na výzkum, vývoj a vzdělávání v oblastech kybernetické kriminality, kyberbezpečnosti a ochrany kritických informačních infrastruktur. Jeho výzkumné aktivity jsou rozděleny do tří oblastí:
- Cybersecurity – the research team focuses primarily on modelling, analysis, and the suppression of cyber-attacks and cybercrime.
- Law – the C4e legal team analyses and reviews the national legal code, adaptations of European law, and performs comparative analyses and develops individual legal implementation tools.
- Protection of Infrastructure – centres on advanced techniques for designing and implementing robust IT infrastructure, especially from a security standpoint and with regard to securing the confidentiality of sensitive data.
We’re Resolving Essential Issues of Cybersecurity
Cybersecurity team CSIRT-MU researches possibilities of advancing technologies and abilities of security teams and develops systems and prototypes, out of which many are already in practical use. For example, current projects involve measuring and analysing network usage, network security, and environment for security research and education.
We’re Making Scientists’ Work Easier
Sensitive data and licensed sources often require secured access. Researchers working on multiple projects are therefore burdened by an array of login data. A solution to this is a certificate and authorisation infrastructure AAI, which enables scientists to access protected data via their home organisation login without threatening security.
We’re Improving Medical Research and Care
Project MeDiMed represents building of an extensive archive of medical visual information and their availability to hospitals using a computer network. The aim is to make use of possibilities within IT technologies to advance quality of medical operation and healthcare, as well as improving conditions for medical research and student training.
“As a higher education institute, we are number one on a national level and internationally indispensable in two scientific areas. We preserve the best infrastructure and lead the work package in two prominent European projects.”Luděk Matyska
Director of the Institute of Computer Science MU