Image analysis in the study of mechanisms of induction, in diagnosis and for prevention of deleterious human diseases
- Project Identification
- Project Period
- 9/1997 - 12/2000
- Investor / Pogramme / Project type
Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the CR
- Support to University Research Programmes
- MU Faculty or unit
Faculty of Informatics
- prof. RNDr. Michal Kozubek, Ph.D.
- doc. RNDr. Irena Koutná, Ph.D.
- doc. RNDr. Pavel Matula, Ph.D.
- doc. RNDr. Petr Matula, Ph.D.
- RNDr. Petr Mejzlík, Dr.
- Ing. Magdalena Skalníková, CSc.
- doc. RNDr. Pavel Smrž, Ph.D.
- Mgr. Adriana Strejčková
- Chromatin structure, image analysis, cancer induction, optical microscopy
- Cooperating Organization
Institute of Biophysics
- Responsible person Mgr. Alena Gaňová, Ph.D.
- Responsible person Mgr. Pavla Gajdušková, Ph.D.
- Responsible person Mgr. Andrea Marečková
- Responsible person doc. RNDr. Stanislav Kozubek, DrSc.
- Responsible person Ing. Emilie Lukášová, CSc.
- Responsible person doc. RNDr. Eva Bártová, Ph.D., DSc.
- Responsible person MUDr. Eva Krahulcová, CSc.
- Responsible person Mgr. Jana Smejkalová, Ph.D.
A new laboratory for automated acquisition and on-line analysis of microscopic images will be established. The laboratory will be used for the investigation of the mechanisms of the induction of deleterious health diseases. The techniques of diagnostics and prevention will be also studied. The laboratory will be set up with the help of scientists from the Institute of Biophysics, ASCR. New methods of optical microscopy will be developed in collaboration with Oxford group. The image acquisition and analysis will be performed using the computing facilities of Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University, particularly, the Supercomputing centre. The laboratory will be one of the first of such kind in the world. High-quality results on the chromatin structure, its changes and clinical significance are expected.
Total number of publications: 15
Combined confocal and wide-field high-resolution cytometry of FISH-stained cells
Cytometry, year: 2001, volume: 45, edition: 1
Spatial distribution of selected genetic loci in nuclei of human leukemia cells after irradiation
Radiation Research, year: 2001, volume: 155, edition: 2
Theoretical versus experimental resolution in optical microscopy
Microscopy research and technique, year: 2001, volume: 53, edition: 2, DOI
An efficient algorithm for measurement and correction of chromatic aberrations in fluorescence microscopy
Journal of Microscopy, year: 2000, volume: 200, edition: 3
Influence of cell fixation on chromatin topography
Analytical Biochemistry, year: 2000, volume: 282, edition: 1
Nuclear topography of the c-myc gene in human leukemic cells
Gene, year: 2000, volume: 244, edition: 1
Spatial arrangement of genes, centromeres and chromosomes in human blood cell nuclei and its changes during the cell cycle, differentiation and after irradiation
Chromosome Research, year: 2000, volume: 8, edition: 6
Topography of genetic loci in tissue samples: towards new diagnostic tool using interphase FISH and high-resolution image analysis techniques
Analytical Cellular Pathology, year: 2000, volume: 20, edition: 4
Advances in computer analysis of radiation-induced changes in human genome
Fundamentals for the assesment of risks from environmental radiation, year: 1999
High-resolution cytometry of FISH dots in interphase cell nuclei
Cytometry, year: 1999, volume: 36, edition: 4